Tyrers Coaches is committed to operating vehicles of the highest possible standards as a DVSA Earned Recognition operator and our incredible in-house Engineering Team is integral to this commitment. We're always on the lookout for promising talent to join the dedicated team of individuals who curate our fleet of more than 100 vehicles which include Scania, Volvo, VanHool, VDL, ADL, Optare, DAF.
- Engineer - Mechanical
- Engineer - Electrical
- Motor Mechanic (PCV)
- Bodywork/Paintwork Technician
- Apprentice Engineer/Mechanic
PCV Engineer - Farnworth (BL4)
Salary £30k-£35k per annum
Tyrers Coaches has some exciting opportunities for ambitious and experienced individuals to join the company’s engineering department. You will ensure that the vehicle fleet is well maintained and presented.
The successful candidates will either hold the appropriate engineering qualifications or have proven experience in maintaining PCV or HGV vehicles.
We have positions available at our Farnworth depot.
Key skills required:
- Appropriate engineering qualifications
- Proven engineering experience
- IT literate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Full UK driving licence
- Able to obtain a PCV licence (via our PCV driving academy)
Key area of responsibility:
- 6 week inspections of vehicles to specified standards
- Diagnosing faults using latest diagnostic equipment
- Completing effective mechanical repairs
- Completing all relevant documentation to a high standard
- MOT preparation
- Regulatory compliance
In return we offer:
- An attractive salary & overtime rate along with a company pension
- 40 hours per week, daytime shifts only Mon-Fri (7.30 - 16.00 )
- After a qualifying period you will be asked to work “on call” weekends, which is one in seven weekends. Meaning you will be on call Saturday and Sunday and if any mechanical issues arise it would be your responsibility to go into work to address them
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Holiday Bonus scheme - 1 extra days holiday after each year of employment ( capped at 33 days )
- Sick pay
- Provide training courses such as IRTEC
Should you wish to be considered for a position on the Engineering Team, please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com .