BUS/COACH ENGINEER – Job description
Tyrers Coaches has some exciting opportunities for ambitious and experienced individuals to join the company’s engineering department. You will ensure that the vehicle fleet is well maintained and presented.
The successful candidates will either hold the appropriate engineering qualifications or have proven experience in maintaining PCV or HGV vehicles.
We have positions available at both our Chorley and Farnworth depots.
Key skills required:
- Appropriate engineering qualifications
- Proven engineering experience
- IT literate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Full UK driving licence
- Able to obtain a PCV licence (via our PCV driving academy)
Key area of responsibility:
- 6 week inspections of vehicles to specified standards
- Diagnosing faults using latest diagnostic equipment
- Completing effective mechanical repairs
- Completing all relevant documentation to a high standard
- MOT preparation
- Regulatory compliance
In return we offer:
- An attractive salary & overtime rate along with a company pension
- 40 hours per week, daytime shifts only Mon-Fri
- After a qualifying period you will be asked to work “on call” weekends, which is one in seven weekends. Meaning you will be on call Saturday and Sunday and if any mechanical issues arise it would be your responsibility to go into work to address them
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
Please email your application letter along with an up to date CV to email@example.com